Introducing the Artisan Tattoo Practice Skin by Hildbrandt – the perfect practice skins for aspiring and experienced tattoo artists alike.
Measuring 12″ long by 8″ wide and with a thickness of 0.12 inches (3.0mm), these high quality silicone sheets provide an exceptional blank canvas on both sides, giving you the freedom to experiment and perfect your technique. The large 12″ x 8″ size is perfect for showcasing your best work and we also sell the perfect size picture frame with this product, the ultimate gift combo for any tattoo artist.
The flexibility of the practice skin allows you to wrap it around objects, giving you the contour you need to practice on different body parts, such as arms, legs, chests, or backs. The skin-like quality of the silicone material feels soft, stretchable, and ductile, providing you with a realistic touch that will help you to learn and improve.
The 0.12 inch (3.0mm) thickness allows these skins to take in the ink while the density of the silicone is perfectly formulated to simulate the feeling of needle penetrating the skin.
Apply vaseline liberally to the working area, tattoo and dab the inked areas with paper towel often to remove excess ink. Use more vaseline at the end to clean up your work to reveal your masterpiece!
Whether you’re practicing outlining or shading, this tattoo practice skin is perfect for testing your progress, trying new machines or inks, and saving your artwork as progress or showing off your different tattoo skills.
At Hildbrandt, we’re dedicated to providing the best products and service for our customers. That’s why we offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee on our Artisan Tattoo Practice Skin. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re always here to help you achieve your tattooing goals.
- Specially formulated soft silicone that simulates the feeling of needle penetrating real skin
- Each Artisan Practice Skin measures 8″x12″ with a width of 0.12″ (3.0mm)
- Fits perfectly in an 8×12″ frame for the ultimate gift idea for tattoo artists
- Bendable to wrap around body parts
Step by Step Instructions on how to use Artisan Tattoo Practice Skin
- Apply a thin layer of Vaseline to the practice skin before starting the tattoo. This will create a barrier that will prevent ink from getting on the skin and make it easier to wipe away excess ink during the process.
- Dab the skin with a paper towel to remove excess ink instead of wiping it across the skin. This will prevent the skin from tearing or ripping, making it impossible to use as a portfolio piece.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 throughout the tattooing process to keep the practice skin clean.
- After completing the tattoo, wipe away excess ink with a lot of Vaseline. Wipe the Vaseline around a little bit to pick up all the excess ink and get it mixed in with the Vaseline.
- Use a paper towel to wipe the Vaseline and excess ink away. You do not need any other products.
- If the practice skin is still stained, repeat step 5 and 6 until the skin is clean.
- Some cheaper, thinner practice skins are very difficult to clean no matter how much Vaseline you use. Stick to Artisan Tattoo Practice Skins to ensure easier clean up and better portfolio pieces.
By following these steps, you will be able to keep your practice skin looking clean and professional throughout the entire tattooing process.